- When you submit a nomination to the Boston Consulting Group (‘BCG’) GovCX Awards (‘GovCX’) you are indicating that you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Persons submitting nominations to GovCX must conform to all terms and conditions for their nominations to be considered.
- Persons submitting nominations to GovCX must provide their own name and a valid email address in order to submit a nomination.
- Digital services delivered by any public sector or civil service organisations globally are eligible for nomination to GovCX. A ‘public or civil service organisation’ refers to an organisation that is established through an act of parliament, and has some level of government oversight and responsibility. This includes government business enterprises.
- BCG reserves the right to exclude nominations that are for government organisations where BCG is the participant in a live procurement process.
- BCG reserves the right to cancel or amend GovCX and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- BCG’s decision in respect of all matters to do with GovCX will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- BCG may host GovCX and/or any data inputted by you on cloud based repositories. The terms and conditions set out in www.awardforce.com and the additional terms and conditions set out in https://aws.amazon.com/agreement/ and https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/, apply to you as an end user and you agree to comply with such terms and conditions. You also agree that GovCX is subject to such terms and conditions. Where and to the extent that BCG suffers or incurs any damage, loss, liability or expense as a result of your use, use by you, or an unauthorized third party’s use of the GovCX through your account, you agree to indemnify and hold BCG harmless from and against such damage, loss, liability or expense.
- In the course of participating in GovCX, you agree (i) to provide, post, upload, link to, or otherwise transmit true, accurate, current and complete information (the User Content), (ii) not to provide, post, upload, link to, or otherwise transmit unlawful content, (iii) not to impersonate any person (whether living or dead) or entity. You are solely and entirely responsible for the information and/or content that you upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit via your use of the platform. BCG will have the right to suspend or terminate your current access to, use of, and/or participation in GovCX, if BCG has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
- With respect to all content that you upload, you grant BCG a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, perform and display such content (in whole or part) throughout the world and / or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purposes.
- BCG and its licensors, business partners and affiliates owns and retains all rights, title and interest in the platform, including, but not limited to, software, inventions, surveys, text, graphics, audio, video, photographs, logos, trademarks or other materials (“Materials”). Except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions, you shall not modify, copy, reproduce, create derivative works, republish, display, upload, post, transmit, distribute or use in any way GovCX and/or the content available on GovCX without the prior written consent of BCG.
2. Who can submit a nomination
- Digital government services offered by any public sector or civil service organisation globally fulfil the criteria for nomination for GovCX
- The following services are not eligible for nomination for the purposes of GovCX: services provided by politicians or political parties; services provided by not-for-profit or non-government organisations; services provided by private sector organisations.
- Any person can be submit a nomination for GovCX, including persons employed by a public sector or civil service organisation, with the exception of: the GovCX expert assessors and the BCG employees responsible for the administration of GovCX.
- BCG reserves the right to exclude nominations or persons who submitted a nomination where we reasonably suspect any unlawful or improper conduct or if there has otherwise been a breach of GovCX terms and conditions.
4. How to submit a nomination
- All nominations must be submitted online through the http://govcxawards.awardsplatform.com. No other form of submission is permitted
- People submitting a nomination for GovCX must have a valid email address
- Confirmation of receipt of nomination will be sent by email only to the email address provided in the nomination form. No other correspondence about the receipt of nominations will be entered into.
- BCG accepts no responsibility for nominations that are not received for whatever reason.
5. Nomination specifications and rules
- There is no fee to submit a nomination for GovCX. Persons submitting a nomination are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of submitting a nomination to GovCX and BCG is not liable for any costs associated with participation.
- Supporting information provided as part of the nomination must be in English. The government service that is nominated may be in any language, however, English translations will be used as part of the assessment process.
- No changes to nominations will be permitted once a nomination has been submitted. Submitted nominations can be withdrawn by notice in writing up until 11.59 pm UTC/GMT Thursday 22 February 2018.
- Any nomination that is accompanied by false information will be automatically excluded from GovCX.
6. Number of nominations permitted
- Persons may submit as many nominations as they wish.
7. Open, close and assessment
- GovCX opens at 12.00 am (midnight) UTC/GMT on Wednesday 15 November 2017 and closes at 11.59 pm UTC/GMT on Thursday 22 February 2018.
- Late nominations will not be accepted. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The digital government services/s that are determined by the assessors to be the best of all the nominations will be announced on or before 30 April 2018.
- BCG’s decisions in respect of all matters to do with GovCX will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- BCG’s decisions concerning the digital government services determined by the assessors to be the best of all the nominations are final. No editorial comments will be provided. No correspondence will be entered into about the submission or selection processes, or any other aspect of GovCX, or its administration, except for correspondence initiated by BCG.
- A maximum of three digital government services will be selected by the assessors. BCG will take reasonable effort to advise these organisations prior to a public announcement.
- The digital government services determined by the assessors to be the best of all nominations will be promoted by BCG. Promotional material may include the name of the civil or public service organisation, a summary of the digital government service and a link to the service and/or public or civil service organisation, and/or other publicly available information
- The names, email addresses and any other personal information supplied by person/s who submitted the nomination/s will not be used as part of the promotion.
8. Intellectual property and liability
- Intellectual property associated with the nominated service remains with the civil or public service organisation that provides the digital service.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, BCG (including its respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the BCG’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any nomination that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by BCG due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of BCG; and
- any variation in award or timings to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- The organiser of GovCX is The Boston Consulting Group, 141 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.